President Donald Trump was asked during an Oval Office press briefing on Monday about the possibility of running against former President Barack Obama should there be a way for either of them to serve a third term.
Fox News’ Peter Doocy broached the topic after Trump himself suggested last week that some have suggested there is a potential loophole in the Constitution that would permit him to run yet again, despite the 22nd Amendment, ratified in 1951, that ostensibly limits presidents to two terms in office.
“I’d love that. I’d love that. I would like that. Boy, that would be a good one,” Trump said in response to facing off against Obama.
“People are asking me to run in a whole story about running third term. I don’t know, I have never looked into it. They do say there is a way to do it. I don’t know about that, and I have not looked into it. I want to do a fantastic job,” Trump said.
“Four years, time is flying, but still four years, and we are getting a lot of credit for doing a great job in first almost 100 days. We have big things we will announce in the next few days. And I think it will be something that will bring a lot of wealth back to the country, tremendous wealth back to the country, actually,” he added.
WATCH:
Meanwhile, former First Lady Michelle Obama has no plans to get into politics and was actually seen as “problematic” by some during the 2024 presidential election, a new book reveals.
During an interview on Fox News’s “Jesse Watters Primetime,” author Jonathan Allen spoke about the new book he co-authored with Amie Parnes, entitled “Fight: Inside the Wildest Battle for the White House.”
Allen details how former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama were scheduled to call Harris to formally support her campaign. He said that the video the pair eventually appeared in for the endorsement appeared “cringe” and “staged” to social media users online.
At the time, the campaign Harris inherited from Biden was bleeding cash so badly that there were concerns that it wouldn’t make payroll in August 2024. It was thought that the video endorsement of the Obamas would also serve a dual use — to “save a few bucks – and generate some grassroots giving – by turning the Obamas’ endorsement of Harris into a shareable video clip rather than a simple tweet or major campaign event.”
But, according to the authors, Obama alumna Jen O’Malley Dillon, who was running Biden’s campaign, didn’t articulate that.
“Harris aides were taken aback when they heard what they believed was a demand from the Obamas,” Allen and Parnes wrote. “The former first couple was purportedly insisting on a campy behind-the-scenes video of Harris taking their call.
“She would be on camera, but not the Obamas, and Harris would have to clear her calendar to align with theirs,” they wrote.
“It was like, ‘Here’s the window of time that Michelle and Barack have for you to take this call, and it can’t be on video because Michelle’s not going to be camera-ready,’” one aide told the writers. At the same time, however, Harris aides were not sure why they needed to produce a video.
“Harris’s longtime advisers pushed back, asking why the Obamas wouldn’t just put out a paper statement or a tweet,” Allen and Parnes wrote. “A bewildered Obama aide replied that the video was the Harris campaign’s idea.”
The person who noted the cash shortage within the Biden campaign explained what happened to the authors.
“Jen wanted a video because we were hard up for cash,” the person said. “But she didn’t tell anybody. She wasn’t transparent about it. Logistically, it was a pain in the butt.”